Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day Eighty - Prospects

Today I'm Grateful for Prospects.

It's funny how life works out sometimes. Our youngest daughter Jam has almost completed her Diploma in Community Services and now has to complete 10 weeks of work experience.

She has just asked me if I could run a poetry workshop as part of a project she needs to complete for the family centre she is working at. At first I said no, after all, I have no qualifications, and am not published (except a self-published work, which doesn't count as far as qualifications go), and am not very good with large groups of people. Then I thought more about it. I actually do know a fair bit about poetry, the rhythms and 'keeping it true to yourself'. It could actually be an interesting experiment, terrifying, but interesting.  And who knows, if it is successful, it may lead to something even more interesting. You just never know. I have also been 'reading' my cards lately, and all of them have been saying that I need to be open to new experiences. A workshop would definitely qualify. Even if the family centre decided not to use Jam's idea, or my workshop, then it has still gotten me to think about the next phase of my development. What is next for me? I am certainly not going to sit around and wait to die. I'm way too young for that. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. :)

So here's to Prospects of new beginnings on the horizon.

Kisses

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment