Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Days 127 - 137 - So Many Things

Today I'm Grateful for: So Many Things

It has been 10 days since my last confession...ooops, I mean blog...lol. I know it has been a long time, but honest, this time I think you will totally understand why I got sidetracked.

Ok, so I am grateful that I am now a Grandmother!!! It wasn't all peaches and cream though, with it being touch and go for awhile with my girl, but she is ok now (getting better anyhow) and the baby (we shall still call him Bubba for the purposes of this blog) is really well and healthy and totally beautiful. I am so grateful that Lizzie made it through ok, I really don't know what I would do without her, and I hated the thought of having to do that... Such a huge thing to be grateful about. And Bubba is awesome, it's like he has been part of our lives forever. :)

Jam has not only become a doting Aunty, but also completed her Diploma in Community Services,  did full time work placement for 10 weeks, got a part time job from her work placement, all the time still managing her FMS. Not to mention still helping Lizzie and me  while we are dealing with our FMS as well (makes things like pregnancy and arthritis even worse). She has been awesome.

I am just so proud of both my girls, for sticking with it, pushing through the pain, boredom and sometimes making hard choices, all with grace and good humour. I have said it before, and I will no doubt say it again, but I am very blessed to have these two amazing young women in my life.

Hubby is stoked about being a Grandfather, he wants to be called Poppy, its so cute. He hasn't been able to hold Bubba yet because he has had an awful 'flu virus. When we went to see them in hospital, he had to wear a surgical mask... but the smile on Eldest's face was awesome... During the past few weeks, he has finished the draft of his first eBook! So proud of him, he is well on the way to completing one of his goals for this year... All the while, coming out to me, to ensure I am ok, if I need anything or if I need him to keep me company. This is the first time he has done this kind of thing in many many years. It's lovely.

I have also begun on my new studies, not making much progress, but still, I have begun!

I am really the luckiest woman on the planet aren't I? I am so Grateful for that!

See you next time...

Kisses

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment