Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day Fifty Five - Clearing Space

Today I'm Grateful for being able to clear my space.

Yesterday, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to give over my 'Reiki Room' to Hubby to use as his study. Now before you go granting me beatification for my selflessness, I have to admit to an ulterior motive... alas, I too have my dark side...hard to imagine I know... (stop sniggering!)

Hubby is the most wonderful, considerate, loving and fantastic husband any mere woman could ask for, but he does tend to s-t-r-e-t-c-h himself and his belongings out. A lot. So even though he does indeed clean up his study area (the new house has a formal lounge/dining area at the front of the house, small, but usable space) at least twice a week, it is still in a constant state of mess. Just mess. Can't hide it. Can't get away from it. It's messy.

So when I was doing my whole planning what to do with the house thing last week (trying to keep busy, remember?) I thought how nice it would be if the first thing people saw when they walked into our home was not a small area with three huge desks and assorted clutter,but rather a nice, cosy and peaceful reading area. No TV. No mess. Just a sofa bed (to use for unexpected visitors) and a comfy arm chair with neatly arranged bookcases. Some appropriate artwork on the walls. Mood lighting. Sounds nice doesn't it?

As you can see, I thought this through quite carefully. I then put it to Hubby that he could have his own space in the spare room. No sharing involved. Now, it is a little known fact, but men really don't like to share their study areas. No, really. honest, I wouldn't lie to you about that. They say its ok, but deep down, (or even quite near the surface) they really just want their 'Man's Cave' all to themselves. Yes, most of them have sheds, but an inside Man's Cave is the ultimate in acquisitions. Hence the study. You are of course now wondering if Hubby went for the idea. Damn Straight he went for the idea! Dude, if he wasn't feeling so sick, he would have had the rooms changed in under ten seconds flat.


We still have quite a bit to do, Jam and I are still sharing the formal dining area as our study, but have both decided that we will keep it clean and tidy and not infringe on each others space.

There you go, for most of today I was changing rooms around, moving furniture I wasn't supposed to be lifting, and generally having a good old clean out. It was actually very therapeutic. I always say that there is nothing quite like a good clear out to let the Universe know that you are ready to put the past behind you and move on to a better, clearer future. Let's hope the Universe gets the memo this time.

Kisses

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Ooh what a lovely solution! We've done some similar rearranging recently trying to fit a dining table in - I had to ask Matt if we could unpack the music equipment (it's pro gear, WAY too big to use in our teeny house and it takes up a lot of space!)

    Luckily it's easier for him to keep it dismantled now anyway, since he can use it with his band, and having to take it down and reassemble all the time is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for thinking outside the box! Kissey faces

    ReplyDelete