Monday, April 11, 2011

Day Sixty - Talking

Today I'm Grateful for being able to talk to my Hubby.

Really talk I mean. You know, not the usual, 'how are you?', 'fine', type of thing, but a meaningful conversation. We spent all day together, and we spoke of many things, Den, the house, the kids, anything and everything. It was nice. Really nice. It has been a long time since we just chatted.

I think couples in general tend to let the normal day to day ordinariness get in the way of their relationship. They get bored with the same old stories and think that they 'know' what the other person is going to say. My dear Hubby has found out that although we may be in sync quite a lot, he actually doesn't know what I'm going to say, most of the time. And so he has agreed to actually listen to the whole sentence before putting in his two cents worth, lol. It was an amusing conversation, I can assure you.

So here's to communication, compassion and compromise. The three essentials to a happy marriage after nearly 30 years.

Kisses

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment