Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day Sixty Six - Worms

Today I'm Grateful for Worms.

Hmm, not sure that's a good way to start a blog, but hey, it's true.

The other day we trundled off to Bunnings to buy a bamboo rug for the lounge room and brought home with us: 1 bamboo rug (large) 1 hall runner (not large enough), 4 sanding blocks, 1 very large worm cafe, and 1200 worms.

The poor wee worms have been sitting there in the corner of my kitchen (in a box, people!)  for the better part of a week, so today found the three of us down the back of the shed, pruning geraniums and clearing space under the gum trees for the worm farm to sit in. While I ran around (figuratively speaking) trying to find the instruction manual for said worm farm, Hubby and Jam put the worm farm together and did all that was necessary, including the yukky bits, and upon my arrival back to the shed with the instructions in hand, only for them to say, "its all done, just put your worms in now..." hmm, do you think maybe they were just trying to get me out of the way? I really am grateful that I didn't have to do the yuk bits. :)

Worms are safely burrowing away in their muckky tray and we are on the way to being just that little bit eco friendlier. Yay us!!

Kisses

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment