Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day Fifty Six - Breakfast in Bed

Today I'm grateful for breakfast in bed.

As the subject line might suggest, my Hubby brought me breaky in bed today. Scrambled eggs on toast, with a big mug of tea. Mmmm yummy. I felt completely spoilt. And yes, I am a lucky woman, and never take him for granted. And all this when he still isn't up to eating solid foods himself yet...

I am thinking that maybe Hubby might be considering his own mortality, after the loss of his best friend (Uncle) on the 21st. Perhaps he is thinking that we don't know how long we have left with the people we love, and that maybe he wants to show us how much he cares, by doing little things for us, like breakfast in bed, or telling Jam how pretty she looks today. I understand completely. I am doing something similar, getting my house the way I want it, now, rather than later and not putting off going to see family and friends.

Breakfast in bed might very well be a symptom of grief for Hubby, and clearing out the house a symptom of mine, but I always say, "whatever works for you, is all good.".

Kisses

Julie

1 comment: