Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Seventy Three - Motorcycles

Today I'm Grateful for Motorcycles.

Today I'm grateful for something not for myself, but for my dear Hubby. As most of you know, he has had a rough couple of years, and the worst part of it has been the fact that he hasn't been able to ride his motorbike because of his pain levels.

Riding his Harley Davidson was one of the things he loved most in this life. He loves the feeling of freedom, the exhilaration of the wind in his face and the total melding of his soul to the road. I remember one time, he had been away for awhile and the first thing he wanted to do was ride his bike. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he didn't want to be with me, and I was actually quite miffed. Ticked off. Not a happy camper... and then he came home... His face was alive with joy, his eyes twinkled and sparkled like he had just won lotto. And he hugged me, really hugged me, like he was so very happy to see me.

Just like that, it clicked in my head. Riding his bike wasn't just like going to the shops in a car, and the Harley wasn't merely a form of transport for him, but quite clearly it was more like  dare I say "a religious experience". No he doesn't find god on his bike, but to him, it is an escape, his "Happy Place".

I truly love the fact that he has something that makes him so happy. Today he is taking a chance and riding to Kojanup to see his brother for a couple of days. I am so grateful that he is getting to ride and I know he is going to have a great time.

Kisses

Julie

2 comments:

  1. THat's fantastic :-) Let me know if you and Jaime need any help though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey... :) Jam is taking good care of me. And I am getting better, slowly but surely able to walk a little now. Yay! Hope all is well for you and your man. :)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete