Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day Fifteen - Sounding Boards

Today I'm Grateful for:-

Today I'm grateful for the people in my life I can use as sounding boards.

Whenever I'm worried about something, like I was today, I have amazing people in my life who will listen, without judgment, or necessarily trying to 'solve' my problem for me. Even when they are tired or not feeling up to helping, they still always stop what they are doing and give me their undivided attention. If I need suggestions as to how to deal with the problem, they will also give their opinions and options, freely and without expectation that I will 'take' their advice. They understand that I am quite  able to choose my own solutions to a problem, but that more than likely I will listen to what a couple of different people say, as well as my own observations and 'pick' pieces of information and use them together to create a solution that suits me.

I am happy to say that I do this for my family and friends as well, always knowing that I am only a sounding board, not "Dear Abbie" and unlike some people I know, I never, ever, get upset if someone doesn't choose to take my advice to heart. After all, we all make our own choices, and live with the consequences. Why is this such a hard concept for some people to accept?

I am very grateful for those people who are there for me, and never begrudge it.

Kisses

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Thats a nice one Mum, I thought it was going to be fresh doughnuts while shopping :)

    Hope you are less worried, Although I'm not exactly sure about what. We love you and respect you.You are a good sounding board :)

    Live your bliss (or eat fresh doughnuts...)

    ReplyDelete