Friday, February 18, 2011

Day Nine - Daughters

Today I'm Grateful for:-

Today I'm grateful for my daughters.

I could dribble on for hours about how wonderful, amazing, talented, intelligent and beautiful (inside and out) my girls are, but that's a given. All mothers think their kids are the best. Today I want to share something that's not always so clear, not always apparent.
I'm not even sure if I can put into words what I mean, but I will give it a go...

We spend all of their lives guiding, encouraging and assuring our children of our support to achieve their goals and continue to do this all their lives. We all know of the sacrifices parents make so their children can have what they need. Just so that they can realise their dreams.

But tell me: How many children help their parents to realise their dreams?
How many children even know their parents well enough to know what their dreams are?
How many children know what their parents were like as young people? What they did for fun, what they wanted from life.

Our children know. They care enough about us to ask questions about what it is that we did when we were young, how we fell in love, the problems of navy life. And they ask us, what makes us happy?

Ok, so lots of kids might be interested in their parents previous lives, but how many of these loving offspring, physically go out of their way to ensure that some of these dreams are realised?
As you probably know by now, my life has been filled with challenges, and I end up being frustrated, angry, depressed, and stuck in a rut, a lot...

Our girls are always there, always coming up with ways to put the joy back into life, to help improve my health, to support me in my latest faze, whether it's painting a weird cat or prodding me to continue to write, they are always there.

But do you know, sometimes they truly amaze me, they go way above and beyond the call of duty. The things they do and the gifts they give, are always very carefully thought out, but sometimes what they do brings me to tears, happy tears. From golden hearts to keep us close, and today (which is what sparked this entry) to my younger daughter getting my poetry published into a real book -  and lets face it, so many other wonderful things, they won't fit on this page.

What this does show, is that I am blessed to have these two extraordinary people in my life. Their generosity of spirit, their love, their vision and their honesty on this journey through the universe with me, is what keeps me sane... oh well, you get the idea :)
I don't think I have been very lucid or anything today, I'm still overwhelmed by having one of my own dreams realised, that I'm not being very coherent. haha

Anyway, thanks to my beautiful girls for everything, and for today, thanks Jam.

Kisses
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Marmy,
    It's lovely that you are thankful for us. We're grateful for you too.

    Live your bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...i feel so loved, but you should know that you deserve your dreams comming true and im honered to have been able to help in some small part.

    all my love
    jam

    ReplyDelete