Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day Three - Books

Today I'm Grateful for:-

Today I'm grateful for Books...

I think Charles W. Eliot said it best:

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends;
they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors,
and the most patient of teachers."

Even today, when I am having such a bad day and I found it difficult to find something to be grateful for, what did I do? I rushed to my bookshelf for inspiration, and there they were, my comrades, my sensei(s) the balm for my soul and I realised how much a part of my life my books have been.

Thinking about it though, I realise that I have tended to read the same type of books for quite a few years now, making it all a bit same same.No challenges, nothing to inspire me.

Ok, so what am I going to do about it? Definitely change my habits, buy/borrow some books that reflect my new philosophy, learn something new, mix things up a bit. Definitely. I am so looking forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions on new things to read!

Kisses
Julie

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful thing to be grateful for. And it's never too late to expand the horisons of your bookshelves.

    Love
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall keep my eyes peeled (but not literally) for you!

    Love

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete