Friday, February 11, 2011

Day Two - Dreams

Today I'm Grateful for:-

Today I'm grateful for my Dreams...

Our dreams are our hopes and aspirations put into goal form, and without dreams, our souls would wither and die away. 

One of the things I have learnt is that Dreams change over time, and that it's ok for that to happen. After all, we change as we mature, so the dreams of our youth may not be what we need in our lives now.

For so long, I thought that if I didn't achieve a particular goal (or dream) it meant that I had failed in some way, like I wasn't good enough, smart enough, talented enough. As I said in the intro, I have had an ephinany... guess what? I don't have to be perfect! I know, right? So many times in our lives, we think that we have to get everything perfect before we can be accepted by others. This is usually a subconscious expectation, not something we even think about on a daily basis, but it effects the way we see ourselves. If you constantly think that you have failed at something, your self esteem will plummet until you eventually think that you aren't good at anything.

My advice - based on what I am doing for myself - is to redefine your goals. Think about what is important to you NOW... not what you wanted 10 years ago.  What makes you happy? Dump the old goals that no longer work for you. Then make new, realistic goals and go for it! Sound simplistic? Yep, it is. I base this on the fact that if you are constantly working on your goals, even just a little bit at a time, IT STILL MEANS YOU ARE MOVING FORWARDS! Not staying stagnant, or worse, backsliding into a downward spiral.

So yes, I am so thankful and grateful for my Dreams, and no matter what my age, health condition or disposition, I intend to move forwards and achieve my new Dreams.

Kisses

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment